We understand Executive needs better than anyone
In 2016, the Prima Careers team surveyed a number of CEOs and Executives participating on an executive outplacement program, delivered by Talent2 (Prima Careers’ predecessor) and other providers of Executive Outplacement Programs in Australia.
The feedback from this research was consistent across participants, regardless of provider.
Our findings included that Executives generally appreciated the assistance they received in the first 2 to 3 months of the program, but felt that the following months on a 6- or 12-month program provided increasingly diminishing value.
When surveyed about ways to improve the program, the following five themes, listed below, consistently emerged.
- Executives want to choose their Coach and Outplacement provider. Very often, Senior Executives have prior notice to their departure, and in these instances, they want to be treated with respect and dignity, and to personally select the Executive Coach for their career development program. The relationship between the executive and their Coach is the key to Outplacement success.
- Executives want direct introductions and effective methods for ensuring that they meet the major international search firms responsible for managing most corporate appointments in Australia. They also wanted introductions to, and a better understanding, of emerging specialist search firms in their respective fields – such as retail, legal, board appointments, etc.
- Executives also want direct access to the principals of the supporting outplacement firm, and for these principals to ‘open their networks’ and introduce the Executives to key decision-makers in target firms.
- In addition, our research has revealed a new profile of Executives, who are choosier, more curious, and more impatient. These Executives want to have more control over the process, and be informed about – and introduced to – contacts and boutique search firms specialising in less traditional (and often more exciting) growth areas.
- Executives often report to their providers that personal issues surrounding their transitions need to be better addressed. One CEO reported that he “wasn’t important anymore.” Others report significant change in relationship with their spouse or partner, and that their email traffic has dried up and there are far fewer invitations to social activities where their networking had traditionally occurred. Prima Careers understands this better than anyone, and we tailor our Executive Outplacement programs to suit the personal needs of every individual.